Jorge Lorenzo topped the timesheets in the first practice session at Silverstone. Casey Stoner took second place and Andrea Dovizioso was placed 3rd fastest. Casey Stoner led the bulk of the session, until Lorenzo started to push harder in the last 10 minutes of the session to take the leading lap time.
The track is new to all riders, so many of the time-gaps between positions were more widely spaced than usual. Expect to see all times come down and stabalise as the weekend continues – at least that’s what Mika Kallio will probably be saying in the Pramac garage, as once again he saw his team-mate take a top 10 time whilst he finished at the back of the grid.
Good news for the Gresini Honda team as both Melandri and Simoncelli managed to finish inside the top 10.
Pos Rider Team Time Gap
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 2m05.991s
2. Casey Stoner Ducati 2m06.133s + 0.142s
3. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 2m06.347s + 0.356s
4. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 2m06.439s + 0.448s
5. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 2m07.250s + 1.259s
6. Dani Pedrosa Honda 2m07.586s + 1.595s
7. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 2m07.588s + 1.597s
8. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 2m07.927s + 1.936s
9. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 2m07.951s + 1.960s
10. Nicky Hayden Ducati 2m08.300s + 2.309s
11. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 2m08.452s + 2.461s
12. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 2m08.525s + 2.534s
13. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 2m08.666s + 2.675s
14. Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda 2m09.639s + 3.648s
15. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 2m09.805s + 3.814s
16. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 2m10.227s + 4.236s
Popularity: 1% [?]