Jorge Lorenzo took the fastest time in the MotoGP practice session at Assen today. Casey Stoner was the first rider to get up to speed and set the pace for most of the session, but Jorge Lorenzo kept chipping away at his lap times and eventually claimed top spot with a 0.011 second lead over Stoner.
Nicky Hayden maintained his current strong form to take 3rd position. Edwards and Dovizioso rounded out the top 5.
At the back of the grid it was Kousuke Akiyoshi, the replacement rider for Hiroshi Aoyama that was the slowest with a time that was 6 seconds off Lorenzo’s time and about 4 seconds off Alvaro Bautista who was the slowest of the established MotoGP riders.
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m35.169s
2. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m35.180s + 0.011s
3. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m35.686s + 0.517s
4. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m35.699s + 0.530s
5. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m35.868s + 0.699s
6. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m35.922s + 0.753s
7. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 1m35.927s + 0.758s
8. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 1m35.942s + 0.773s
9. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m36.002s + 0.833s
10. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 1m36.269s + 1.100s
11. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m36.294s + 1.125s
12. Hector Barberta Aspar Ducati 1m36.735s + 1.566s
13. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m36.786s + 1.617s
14. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 1m37.261s + 2.092s
15. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m37.384s + 2.215s
16. Kousuke Akiyoshi Interwetten Honda 1m41.332s + 6.163s
Popularity: 1% [?]