Jorge Lorenzo laid waste to all competition at the British GP taking victory, and maintaining an 8 second lead for much of the race.
Despite Lorenzo vanishing into the distance, there was still a tense race that unfolded for the remaining podium positions – it culminated in a 5 rider battle that eventually saw Andrea Dovizioso take second, and Ben Spies taking his first MotoGP podium for 3rd place.
Casey Stoner had a terrible start and was swallowed up at the start of the race but managed to stage a stunning comeback that saw him claim 5th position. Nicky Hayden was left frustrated when he went wide on the final lap to let Spies through to snatch 3rd place from him.
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 41m34.083s
2. Andrea Dovizioso Honda + 6.743s
3. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha + 7.097s
4. Nicky Hayden Ducati + 7.314s
5. Casey Stoner Ducati + 7.494s
6. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda + 9.055s
7. Marco Simoncello Gresini Honda + 14.425s
8. Dani Pedrosa Honda + 15.313s
9. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha + 27.954s
10. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati + 42.394s
11. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati + 43.365s
12. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki + 43.408s
13. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati + 43.580s
Loris Capirossi Suzuki 13 laps
Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 0 laps
Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda -
Popularity: 1% [?]