Jorge Lorenzo took victory in the US MotoGP at Laguna Seca as Dani Pedrosa crashed out of an early lead.
Casey Stoner claimed second position, while Valentino Rossi took third after an entertaining duel with Andrea Dovizioso that lasted until the dying moment of the race.
A torrid time was had by the rookies, with Bautista, Barbera, Espargaro, and Simoncelli all failing to finish. Barbera seemed to be suffering from a technical issue; the rest crashed.
Laguna Seca MotoGP Results:
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 43m54.873s
2. Casey Stoner Ducati + 3.517s
3. Valentino Rossi Yamaha + 13.420s
4. Andrea Dovizioso Honda + 14.188s
5. Nicky Hayden Ducati + 14.601s
6. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha + 19.037s
7. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha + 40.721s
8. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda + 47.219s
9. Loris Capirossi Suzuki + 52.812s
10. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati + 52.814s
11. Roger Lee Hayden LCR Honda + 1m14.089s
12. Alex de Angelis Interwetten Honda + 1m14.666s
Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 28 laps
Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 18 laps
Dani Pedrosa Honda 11 laps
Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 3 laps
Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 3 laps
Video Highlights of Laguna Seca MotoGP 2010:
Popularity: 1% [?]