Dani Pedrosa took victory in a restarted German GP. Jorge Lorenzo took second place, and Casey Stoner took third after a hard forght battle with Valentino Rossi ended with a hard pass by Stoner on the final turn.
The race was red flagged after 9 laps when Randy de Puniet crashed at turn 4, which also caused Aleix Espargaro and Alvaro Bautista to collide with the fallen LCR Honda and end up hitting the dirt also. Randy de Puniet was later diagnosed with a broken tibia and fibula which will certainly rule him out of the next few races. To add further woe to the Rizla Suzuki team, Alvaro Bautista was not permitted to restart the race as he did not return to the grid within the alloted time.
The restarted race quickly took the same shape as the first race, with Pedrosa taking an early lead, only to be quickly overtaken by Jorge Lorenzo. Dani Pedrosa’s pace proved to be too much for Lorenzo and he started challenging for the lead with a few braking moves. When these failed to stick, Pedrosa opted for the pure horsepower option and took Lorenzo on the pitlane straight.
German MotoGP Race Results:
1. Dani Pedrosa Honda 28m50.476s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha + 3.355s
3. Casey Stoner Ducati + 5.257s
4. Valentino Rossi Yamaha + 5.623s
5. Andrea Dovizioso Honda + 17.158s
6. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda + 17.757s
7. Nicky Hayden Ducati + 17.935s
8. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha + 20.957s
9. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati + 22.000s
10. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda + 35.217s
11. Loris Capirossi Suzuki + 45.042s
12. Alex de Angelis Interwetten Honda + 45.204s
Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 0 laps
Randy de Puniet LCR Honda did not restart
Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati did not restart
Alvaro Bautista Suzuki did not restart
Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha did not restart
Popularity: 1% [?]