Jorge Lorenzo was in dominant form again to take victory in the Czech MotoGP. Lorenzo was initially chased down by Dani Pedrosa for the first half of the race, but Lorenzo was able to pull out a lead and win the race by just over 5 seconds.
Andrea Dovizioso had a scare after coming off his Repsol Honda and found himself lying in the middle of the track and was narrowly missed being run over by Valentino Rossi and a number of other riders.
Ben Spies had another good performance – after starting in 2nd on the grid, the Texan managed to hold his place for the first few laps until Dani Pedrosa forced his way through. Casey Stoner also passed him and Spies held on to finish in 4th place.
Suzuki once again had a weekend to forget with both their riders failing to finish – Capirossi suffered damage to his bike after a bump with Valentino Rossi, and Alvaro Bautista managed to crash out on the final lap.
Mika Kallio also crashed out.
Brno MotoGP Race Results:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Fiat Yamaha Team 43m 22.638s
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 43m 28.132s
3. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 43m 34.064s
4. Ben Spies USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 43m 36.361s
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 43m 40.568s
6. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 43m 49.453s
7. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 43m 56.034s
8. Marco Melandri ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 44m 2.044s
9. Hector Barbera ESP Paginas Amarillas Aspar 44m 2.277s
10. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 44m 3.531s
11. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 44m 4.670s
12. Aleix Espargaro ESP Pramac Racing 44m 9.729s
13. Alex de Angelis RSM Interwetten Honda MotoGP 44m 14.006s
Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing
Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team
Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
Popularity: 1% [?]