The first practice session for this weekend’s Phillip Island MotoGP was delayed by 2 hours due to heavy overnight rain that left the track flooded.
The riders had a tentative start when they finally got out on the track, and it was Jorge Lorenzo who led the pack by the end of the session with a time of 1m41.146s. Casey Stoner took second place, with Nicky Hayden third.
Gresini Honda had a positive start with both Melandri and Simoncelli taking fourth and fifth place respectively.
Dani Pedrosa marked his return by completing 7 laps.
Phillip Island – MotoGP Practice Times:
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m41.146s
2. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m41.480s + 0.334s
3. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m41.631s + 0.485s
4. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m41.881s + 0.735s
5. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 1m41.982s + 0.836s
6. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m42.271s + 1.125s
7. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m42.626s + 1.480s
8. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m43.013s + 1.867s
9. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 1m43.476s + 2.330s
10. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m43.984s + 2.838s
11. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 1m44.179s + 3.033s
12. Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda 1m44.704s + 3.558s
13. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m45.695s + 4.549s
14. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m46.160s + 5.014s
15. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 1m48.127s + 6.981s
16. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m51.210s + 10.064s
17. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 1m58.613s + 17.467s
Popularity: 1% [?]