Jorge Lorenzo put himself in the perfect place to claim the 2010 MotoGP World Championship by taking pole position for the Malaysian MotoGP. Lorenzo only needs a ninth place finish to claim the Championship.
Nicky Hayden took a surprise second place after posting a late fastest lap, and until Lorenzo’s last gasp challenge he even looked like taking pole position. Andrea Dovizioso was third.
Valentino Rossi, who was the early pace setter in practice finished in 6th position.
1. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 2m01.537s
2. Nicky Hayden Ducati 2m01.637s + 0.100s
3. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 2m01.829s + 0.292s
4. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 2m01.993s + 0.456s
5. Casey Stoner Ducati 2m02.023s + 0.486s
6. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 2m02.030s + 0.493s
7. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 2m02.097s + 0.560s
8. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 2m02.394s + 0.857s
9. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 2m02.522s + 0.985s
10. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 2m02.624s + 1.087s
11. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 2m02.690s + 1.153s
12. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 2m02.723s + 1.186s
13. Randy de Puniet LCR Honda 2m02.775s + 1.238s
14. Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda 2m02.778s + 1.241s
15. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 2m02.928s + 1.391s
16. Mika Kallio Pramac Ducati 2m04.167s + 2.630s
Popularity: 1% [?]