Casey Stoner has made his intention clear that he wants leave Ducati with a win and took the fastest time in the first free practice session at Valencia. Stoner put in a lap of 1m32.897s, six minutes from the end of the practice session.
Local hero and reininging World Champion Jorge Lorenzo took second, with Dovizioso in third.
After narrowly missing out on his first MotoGP podium in Estoril last week, Marco Simoncelli was instantly on form to take 4th position. With echos of last week’s Estoril race, Simoncelli was just kept out of the top 3 by the smallest of margins by Andrea Dovizioso.
Ben Spies was out on track despite dislocating his ankle last week at Estoril – the texan suffered a fall but walked away unhurt and finished the session inside the top 10.
Valencia 2010: MotoGP Practice Times:
1. Casey Stoner Ducati 1m32.897s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m33.455s + 0.558
3. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m33.500s + 0.603
4. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m33.631s + 0.734
5. Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m33.714s + 0.817
6. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m33.757s + 0.860
7. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m33.857s + 0.960
8. Randy De Puniet LCR Honda 1m33.899s + 1.002
9. Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha 1m33.929s + 1.032
10. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Ducati 1m34.029s + 1.132
11. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m34.053s + 1.156
12. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m34.123s + 1.226
13. Marco Melandri Gresini Honda 1m34.160s + 1.263
14. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m34.506s + 1.609
15. Loris Capirossi Suzuki 1m34.864s + 1.967
16. Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda 1m34.904s + 2.007
17. Carlos Checa Pramac Ducati 1m35.172s + 2.275
Popularity: 1% [?]