Casey Stoner posted the fastest time on the first day of MotoGP testing in Sepang.
Dani Pedrosa was third, and Jorge Lorenzo was the meat in the Repsol Honda sandwich in second place.
Positive starts for Simoncelli and Bautista saw both riders in the top 6.
Valentino Rossi finished in 12th position, which may not bode too well for Ducati considering the more experienced (and un-injured) Nicky Hayden was one place behind Rossi in 13th.
Final times from day 1 test:
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 2m 1.574s (52 laps)
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.977s (44 laps)
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 2m 2.024s (61 laps)
4. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 2.295s (52 laps)
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 2.332s (29 laps)
6. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2m 2.422s (65 laps)
7. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 2.483s (65 laps)
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 2.507s (57 laps)
9. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.514s (60 laps)
10. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 3.152s (63 laps)
11. Kosuke Akiyoshi JPN Honda Test Rider 2m 3.224s (49 laps)
12. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 2m 3.365s (30 laps)
13. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 3.508s (65 laps)
14. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 3.695s (63 laps)
15. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 3.767s (59 laps)
16. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 4.009s (62 laps)
17. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 4.238s (64 laps)
18. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 4.470s (52 laps)
19. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 4.717s (58 laps)
20. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 5.235s (48 laps)
Popularity: 1% [?]