Casey Stoner maintained his deadly form to take pole position for the opening round of the 2011 MotoGP in Qatar.
Dani Pedrosa managed to claim pole for a short period, but was unable to hold Stoner off and had to settle for second position.
Jorge Lorenzo claimed third position, and will be pleased to be ahead of his team-mate Ben Spies for the first time in the last couple of days.
MotoGP Qualifying Times:
1. Casey Stoner Honda 1m54.137s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m54.342s + 0.205s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m54.947s + 0.810s
4. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m54.988s + 0.851s
5. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m55.095s + 0.958s
6. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m55.223s + 1.086s
7. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m55.229s + 1.092s
8. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m55.578s + 1.441s
9. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m55.637s + 1.500s
10. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m55.647s + 1.510s
11. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m55.656s + 1.519s
12. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda 1m55.724s + 1.587s
13. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m55.881s + 1.744s
14. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 1m56.323s + 2.186s
15. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m56.665s + 2.528s
16. Toni Elias LCR Honda 1m57.992s + 3.855s
Popularity: 1% [?]