Casey Stoner continued his dominance in France by securing a relatively comfortable Pole position at Le Mans with a fastest lap of 1m 33.153. This marks Casey Stoner’s third pole position of the season.
Marco Simoncelli was the only rider to come close to Casey Stoner, after a late charge in the qualifying session saw him claim second place with a 1m 33.212 lap.
Andrea Dovizioso rounds off the front row with third place.
Cal Crutchlow was pulled off a fantastic ride by securing 6th position on yet another track that was new to the British rider.
Ben Spies and Valentino Rossi were conspicuous by their absence at the fast end of the grid, with both riders finishing in 8th and 9th position respectively.
MotoGP Qualifying Times: Le Mans
1. Casey Stoner Honda 1m33.153s
2. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m33.212s + 0.059s
3. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m33.621s + 0.468s
4. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m33.683s + 0.530s
5. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m33.706s + 0.553s
6. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m33.804s + 0.651s
7. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m34.063s + 0.910s
8. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m34.206s + 1.053s
9. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m34.206s + 1.053s
10. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m34.277s + 1.124s
11. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m34.351s + 1.198s
12. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m34.513s + 1.360s
13. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda 1m34.612s + 1.459s
14. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m34.650s + 1.497s
15. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 1m34.866s + 1.713s
16. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m35.010s + 1.857s
18. Toni Elias LCR Honda 1m35.433s + 2.280s
Popularity: 1% [?]