Marco Simoncelli led the first practice session at Sachsenring for this weekend’s German MotoGP.
Simoncelli, was 0.181 seconds ahead of Casey Stoner, who finished in second place, and Jorge Lorenzo claimed third.
The session was not without incident as many riders suffered from crashes – including Valentino Rossi, Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa, and Toni Elias.
Free Practice 1 Times from Sachsenring:
1. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m22.823s
2. Casey Stoner Honda 1m23.004s + 0.181s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m23.046s + 0.223s
4. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m23.205s + 0.382s
5. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m23.355s + 0.532s
6. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m23.416s + 0.593s
7. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m23.433s + 0.610s
8. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m23.534s + 0.711s
9. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m23.558s + 0.735s
10. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m23.594s + 0.771s
11. Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m23.604s + 0.781s
12. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m23.989s + 1.166s
13. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m24.162s + 1.339s
14. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m24.512s + 1.689s
15. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda 1m24.620s + 1.797s
16. Toni Elias LCR Honda 1m26.060s + 3.237s
17. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 1m26.334s + 3.511s
Popularity: 1% [?]