It was busines as usual at the front end of the MotoGP grid, as Casey Stoner converted his pole position into a comfortable race win.
Dani Pedrosa took second, and Jorge Lorenzo manged to turn what had been a frustrating weekend, into a respectable third place finish.
Lorenzo found himself fighting with Simoncelli and Ben Spies, before getting himself into third place and pulling out a gap.
Valentino Rossi started from pit lane, but an early crash from Karel Abraham, that also pushed Randy De Puniet off the track meant that Rossi was immediately able to make up two positions.
Other crashes came from Capirossi and Elias – with 7 laps to go Capirossi ran into the back of Elias taking both riders out.
MotoGP race results from Aragon:
1. Casey Stoner Honda 42m17.427s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda + 8.162s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha + 14.209s
4. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda + 20.646s
5. Ben Spies Yamaha + 27.739s
6. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki + 30.373s
7. Nicky Hayden Ducati + 34.288s
8. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati + 37.305s
9. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha + 39.652s
10. Valentino Rossi Ducati + 39.832s
11. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda + 39.997s
12. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati + 54.717s
13. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha + 58.430s
Toni Elias LCR Honda 16 laps
Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 16 laps
Andrea Dovizioso Honda 0 laps
Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 0 laps
Popularity: 1% [?]