Free Practice at Assen today was extended due to the oil spill that caused yesterday’s afternoon practice session to be cancelled.
Marco Simoncelli was once again the pacesetter and was mostly unchallenged throughout the session, with Casey Stoner managing to close the gap to 0.2 seconds towards the end of the session.
All 3 Repsol riders suffered crashes in the session with Dovizioso and Aoyama requiring a medical check up – both riders were subsequently cleared to continue.
Spies and Lorenzo took 3rd and 4th respectively.
Valentino Rossi got to grips with his new Ducati chassis in the dry by taking 5th.
MotoGP Friday Practice Times from Assen:
1. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 1m36.149s
2. Casey Stoner Honda 1m36.342s + 0.193s
3. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m36.409s + 0.260s
4. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m36.745s + 0.596s
5. Valentino Rossi Ducati 1m37.247s + 1.098s
6. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m37.332s + 1.183s
7. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 1m37.386s + 1.237s
8. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1m37.661s + 1.512s
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati 1m37.724s + 1.575s
10. Toni Elias LCR Honda 1m38.276s + 2.127s
11. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 1m38.282s + 2.133s
12. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 1m38.427s + 2.278s
13. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1m38.929s + 2.780s
14. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1m39.032s + 2.883s
15. Hiroshi Aoyama Honda 1m39.197s + 3.048s
16. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 1m40.243s + 4.094s
17. Kousuke Akiyoshi Gresini Honda 1m40.991s + 4.842s
MotoGP Practice times from Assen:
Popularity: 1% [?]